Sleep Sound Reviews receives free products to review. We participate in affiliate programs and earn a commission for products purchased through links on our site. More info can be found on our disclosure page. Credit for main photo given to company on this page.
The Voila is a hybrid innerspring coil and foam mattress. Voila is different from some other hybrids, in that it has 11 overall layers to their mattress, while other similar mattresses have only 3-4 layers.
My wife and I slept on the Voila mattress for 30 days, and the post below contains our honest review on the mattress and its ratings for the top five features we believe are most important to know before making a mattress purchase: quality, cooling, motion transfer, support and value.
QUALITY – Materials & Construction
Their mantra is “MORE LAYERS = MORE COMFORT”. The Voila mattress has 11 layers, so they must really believe it!
- First Layer – Fire Sock
- Second Layer -2 .5 inches of 3 pounds per cubic foot of High Density Gel-infused Memory Foam which acts as a comfort layer that helps maintain a good mattress temperature
- Third Layer – 0.75 inch of 2.5 pounds per cubic foot High Density Poly foam which provides good support
- Fourth & Fifth Layers – 0.75 inch of 2.5 pounds per cubic foot High Density side wall edge foam and 0.75 inch Talalay latex within cavity, which helps provide good relief for pressure point areas
- Sixth Layer – An insulating fiber pad
- Seventh & Eighth Layers – 6.25 inches of 2.5 pounds per cubic foot High Density Poly foam and 6.25 inches five zone pocketed coils within cavity-Edge support foam with ventilation holes + 768 pocketed coils within cavity for body contouring, stability and edge support
- Ninth Layer – Insulating fiber pad
- Tenth & Eleventh Layers – 0.75 inch of 2.5 pounds per cubic foot of medium base foam + 1 inch of 1.6 pounds per cubic foot of firm base foam
The Voila has a really soft cover that is made of mesh and fabric which helps provide breathability, and helps with cooling as well. It used to come in both a 10-inch and 12-inch variety, but it seems as if they decided to go in the middle, as they only now offer an 11-inch size, as well as 3 options of firmness (plush, medium, and firm). These options change the density of the foam. We chose the medium mattress to review, as my wife prefers a more plush mattress, while I tend to like a more firm one.
Here’s a Voila video about their mattress:
COOLING – Does it Sleep Hot?
Heat is a always a problem for me, as I need to feel cool at night to be comfortable. I found that this mattress did an excellent job of doing just that. Because of the gel memory foam and aeration in the latex layer, this mattress should not retain much heat. My wife was fine, and I am happy to say that the combination of pocketed coils, Talalay latex, and gel memory foam made for a cool sleeping surface throughout the night.
MOTION TRANSFER – How it Absorbs Impact
The Voila’s pocketed coils and Talalay latex give the mattress a nice bounce to it. The impact response of this mattress is virtually instantaneous. The hybrid qualities of the mattress helps it bounce right back to its original shape after pressure is applied and then released. At no time did I feel “stuck” in the mattress when sinking into that memory foam at night. My wife also stayed blissfully comatose during my occasional getting up and down for a bathroom break at 2am.
SUPPORT – Spinal Alignment
As my wife is a side-sleeper, she likes a plushier feeling, whereas I prefer a slightly more firm feel for my lower back pains. As we got the medium firmness option, I think we were both pleased with our choice. I was able to sleep on my back with sufficient and comfortable lumbar support, while she was able to switch from side to stomach at night while still getting that plush memory foam feeling. I think the pocket coils did a good job of providing that lumbar support without too much of a “springy” feeling that some innerspring mattress have. Nobody like to feel those coils in their back, and this hybrid does a great job avoiding that.
Also, this mattress has great edge support coming from the pocketed coils and the edge support foam. This allows for great edge sitting, or edge sleeping, without feeling like you are going to fall or roll off. This is important to people like my wife, who prefers to sleep near the edge. Tying shoes or other edge sitting activities was also a breeze with this mattress.
VALUE – Price & Performance
The Voila mattress is a little more expensive than traditional roll-up compressed foam mattresses, but its focus on a higher-end design more layers with a goal of a better product is evident in that price. By cutting out the middle man and using direct factory-to-home shipping allows them to stay well below mattress store pricing. That being said, the Queen mattress we bought came in right around $1,000, which is commensurate with the average price of most of our reviewed mattress.
Smell Dissipation – Our mattress took about a day or two for the smell to dissipate. Not bad at all.
Firmness – We give this a 6 out of 10 when tested against other foam hybrid mattresses. Medium Firmness.
Company – The company was very easy to work with. Their customer service and trial periods are very good.
Reviews – The Voila mattress has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating from its website reviews.
For more information about the mattress, its pricing, or to purchase it, please go to their website: Voila Mattress
If you have questions about the mattress or have used it before and want to leave your own review, please leave a comment below.
Why We Like It
- 3 options for levels of firmness for the foam
- Medium firm support on the firmness scale
- Reinforced edge support
- Sleeps cool - the design of the Voila’s pocketed coils helps disperse heat more efficiently than a traditional memory foam
- Great value for a mattress that has a similar feel to an expensive Tempurpedic Hybrid
- Smell Dissipation = 1-2 Days
- Firmness - Choose Between Plush, Medium & Firm
- 100-Night Comfort Guarantee Free Trial
- 10-Year Warranty
- 768 individual pocket coils in 5 zones with varying firmness